The Eunice Williams covered bridge in Greenfield that stretches over the Green River was named for a white settler who died in the French-Indian wars at this place in 1704. The bridge was first built in 1869. Though it burnt in 1969, a new one was rebuilt by volunteers. The old bridge had howze truss construction designed by Williams and Bartlett of Buckland. The walkway disappeared after Hurricane Irene’s damage though the rest of the beloved bridge was rebuilt. There are rumors that Eunice's ghost still lingers at this spot.
There are other covered bridges that have been refurbished in the county, especially notable, the Arthur A Smith bridge in Colrain, the last of a dozen transversable bridges in the town where there once were many active mills.